Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

3.11.2004

A Long Post about a Day.

Moments ago: I step down the stairs looking at my beet-red hands. It is hard for me to look at their brightness.

The elevator fails again to stop on five. I have to go down the stairs to get to my floor.

I spot Jon Lang in the lobby after I lock up my bike.

I hum the theme to Zelda on my bike ride back from work. I am trying so hard not to think about the wind and cold. Temperature 28 degrees, wind chill 18. I get bonus hearts for passing the hot air vents on the south side of the library.

After pouring the unused coffee down a water fountain I lock up the office.

I discover Tony Senagore has a weblog. Welcome to the club, Tony.

I find out why the police and TV vans were around during lunch.

Random work events consume my time.

I buy a coffee at Beaners in the Union. Some Union workers congregate in front of a window pointing at a police car. I look up to realize that there are more police. I leave the Union and walk down the street. My lunch period was almost over so I walk back to work.

I eat the most delicious breakfast I have ever had at Michigan State University.

Before work I go to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. There are no hot dishes. I have to write (choose from a list) what I want cooked. I choose blueberry pancakes and bacon. While I wait for my food to come up I eat a banana.

No comments: