Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

4.18.2004

Now, for the event you've all been waiting for,

the amazing Gastropnir.

I've been impresed in recent weeks about the positive response to Toponymy by several of my peers. I will attempt to continue the tradition of courageous reporting in this update. Remember: the first rule of Toponymy is you do not talk about Toponymy. The second rule of Toponymy is you DO NOT TALK about Toponymy. [reverse psychology.]

Matthew Baldwin has a way with words. Read the transcript for Kerry.

My super-sensoral eyes didn't catch this. Luckily I can see the hyenas in Nigeria.

I don't know which cereal to eat.


[insert comment about how journalism school and clown college are interchangable] Then read this.

Street art that makes me laugh.

I love Harold Ramis. Here is an article about him that I haven't read. Please tell me if it's good. Please? Oh come on. You rotten ********er. WHY DON'T YOU EVER-

Finally, a cool concept I learned about in my UP 201 class, but not by name. Dr. Lim had us draw a map of the world with as many names of places [toponyms] as possible in ~10 minutes. The maps reveal something about how you view the world around you, where you place specific items, how you proportion and orient the map. It is called mappa mundi.

No comments: