Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

7.21.2005

I love reading good news before I drink my coffee

Checking over some otherwise bland news this morning I found this piece on Michigan's new 'Food Policy Council.' This rocks my world - and maybe they'll actually accomplish something worthwhile. Two areas they're investigating seriously interest me: getting local and fresh food into public school cafeterias and selling more Michigan grown crops to Michiganders. After all, as the article mentions - we're second only to California in terms of crop diversity.

Granted, any improvement to the current situation is a long ways off (ironically I read this while eating an apple grown in New Zeeland). But this is the critical first step that might give enough people inspiration to continue working on this.

No comments: