Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

2.23.2004

Walking back from economics class

I had the notion that perhaps government, on all levels, now exists only as a wing to protect and uphold corporate interests. I know that the idea of Corporate Welfare is nothing new but my thoughts were on a more holistic level. I need to work it out better to articulate it but I know I'm onto something larger. For instance, while all corporations pay in part to the government they all benefit from its existence as a way to contain dissent and inequity complaints and thus protect corporations. Public colleges train brilliant young minds to accept and conform to the corporate mindset and (on the other side of things) train people to work for a governmental institution that only assists market values and interests.

I love this song. Step into my office, Baby by Belle and Sebastian is really amazing. Download it now.

"Oestergaard said the problem of sowing the seeds in a potential land mine could be overcome by clearing strips through a field by conventional methods or by using crop planes." -- Using flowers to detect land mines. Cool. -- Language death, not cool.

This is why I still read Hivelogic, sometimes.

Original area codes in 1947. Current area codes (2003) and Caribbean area codes (apparently I can't call Cuba).

No comments: