Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

2.11.2004

The Wells Bridge

is a common place for evangelists of all sorts. Most of my encounters have been of two types: the-end-is-nigh flyer guy and the Jesus freak. Today I was walking past this religious advertisement zone. It was then I overheard a girl saying to her friend, "Are those God people?" referring to the four casually dressed guys and costume gorilla handing out little orange slips to passers-by. They were the MSU Freethinker Alliance promoting the anniversary of Darwin's birthday. [I'll just try not to think about the implications of calling curbside preachers "God People".] Now, one of these Freethinkers is in my Studio Drawing class. He is an "Art Fag" by even the strictest definition. I tried to avoid eye contact with this leech of a human as I passed the busy intersection.

Pizza Party, U.S.A. is a great idea. Turn leap day into a holiday where the entire country has a pizza party. Why not.

I've been looking more and more into graphic novels [which is a nice way of saying comics]. There are some interesting ones described here. Speaking of novels, this parrot could probably dictate one.

Funny state shapes. Funny Color Alert System. Interesting ramifications of the Super Bowl halftime incident.

Have you ever put your truck on cruise control, opened the driver side door, climbed onto the top of the cab, closed the door and, oh just watch the movie. [quicktime, 2+ min for dial-up.]

No comments: