Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

12.11.2003

After using my computer to watch Fight Club on Jon's TV I decided to change my background. I was surveying my options when I found a series of white backgrounds with obscure cartoons and pro-Mac slogans. I probably downloaded them back when I was very excited about OS X and all that jazz. Anyway, one had a cartoon of "Professor Pat Pending" that I was curious about, so I did some research.

The first site that turned up was this one outlining the different participants in Wacky Races, a 1968 Hannah Barbara cartoon loosely based off the film The Great Race. Here is a good drawing of Pat Pending's Ring-a-Ding Convert-a-Car.

I'm glad MLive has a whole section devoted to covering Granholm's Cool Cities initiative. They also have a section where you can vote on comics for the Grand Rapids Press.

"The river is where shopping carts go to die. It collects dead animals along its banks. It accumulates light bulbs, motors, couches and other effluence of affluence." Guess that river. If you said "What is the Los Angeles river" then congratulations. A journalist kayaks down it for the New York Times. [Login Required]

No comments: