Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

5.30.2004

The Indianapolis 500 and SPSS

Apparently there was this really cool demonstration of a camera that takes 7000 frames/second during the pre-race coverage. I missed most of it. I was working over here on this post and missed it. There is rain in Indianapolis and the race has been delayed. Wikipedia lists Indianapolis' Nicknames:

+ Circle City
+ Naptown
+ Railroad City

Naptown is interesting. The other two are pretty generic. For a ridiculious list of city nicknames, clicky clicky for the wiki. I don't know why I hadn't looked up Toponymy on Wikipedia yet. Too much there for me to look at. Mind boggling.

My work is using SPSS on the SOSS 33. Think AutoCAD for statistics, more features than you can ever possibly use and a dozen ways to execute each of them. If all works out I'll get my name on a final report about Internet use in Michigan.

Now for the useless crap links people seem to enjoy so much. The McGurk Effect is quite interesting. I fall into the .98 and not the .02 category. [Note, if you left because you saw a Quicktime movie loading, go back. This is a small QT movie, it should load fast, even on dial-ups, trust me.]

New zoning in Chitown.

Programming Language Inventor or Serial Killer [My score: 6/10]

Too much time, too many Cannon Copiers, rage, some programming/technical knowledge. These ingredients sum to this.

Something I'll keep my eyes on. Hivelogic's Cigar Project.

A VV article: No Such Thing as Paranoia - On the culture of conspiracism.


No comments: