Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

5.31.2004

Shooting hoops today I tried to perfect my shot. The rim is low and tilted down but the driveway is level. I was trying to perfect one shot in particular: the spinner. A brief description, the bottom of the ball hits the rim level and spins around the rim at high speed. It is more difficult than I first assumed. The bottom of the ball must touch the rim at the peak of the shot. The ball must be spun just slightly to help the acceleration. The shot must hit the rim on a specific angle so the ball doesn't lose its forward momentum.

MoBA, the museum of bad art. "Lucy in the field with flowers" is the piece that inspired the collection. "It was a wonderfully accurate likeness of her grandmother's face in an oddly postured and formed body against a bizarre, surreal background."

Waterfalls. Iceland [I think].

Fameclaim lets you make your claim to fame.

I haven't looked at this but I want to. Going to watch Signs now.

No comments: