Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

5.16.2004

The Summer Reading List: Vol. 2

My loyal readers will remember last summer's list where I intended to cover a wide swath of popular and influential American (and some foreign) novelists. I was mostly successful in finding these books and recorded my response on Helmers83. The archives still contain the my reviews on these works. I haven't gone forward with the same amount of planning (not urban). However I have started a small collection of books that I want to read. I already read Dr. Eckner's Dream Machine, a non-fiction about the rigid airship and its patron Saint, Hugo Eckner. Very good. Someday I'll write more about it.

+ The Thornbirds, Colleen Mcullough
+ Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk [my third book by C.P.]
+ The Last Don, Mario Puzo
+ Watchmen, Alan Moore illustrated by Dave Gibbons
+ The Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick
+ Step Across This Line, Salman Rushdie [non-fiction]

I'm already ~500 pages into The Thornbirds. So far so good.

If you have a suggestion please leave a comment or send me some e-mail or call me or stop me in the supermarket or break into my bedroom and tell me at gunpoint.

No comments: