Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

6.21.2004

Ulysses and Mario in the Cristo Rey Truck

Completed hours of community service: 6/11.

The Onion, on TV Tonight [link]. My favorite entries, "Somebody marry someone!" and "Nuns a blazin'." - This is a good issue so I'll [link] to another article. "Yes, of course—if there is a tomorrow, indeed. The Thanatos device does make one nostalgic for the old days of mutually assured nuclear destruction and its attendant comfort of shelter beneath the mountains. Even the phrase, 'mutually assured nuclear destruction,' seems rather quaint now, doesn't it?"

Later in the Thanatos Device article Tachyons are mentioned, this got me thinking about Dr. Manhattan, so I went on wikipedia.

[Superhero] this brought me to supervillians and,
[Doomsday] and the city he leveled,
[Metropolis] cut: "The co-creator and original artist of Superman, Joe Shuster, modeled the Metropolis skyline after both Toronto, Ontario (where he was born), and Cleveland, Ohio (where he later lived and met co-creator Jerry Siegel in high school)." - My impression was that Metropolis was a New York metaphor. I would never expect its orgins to be Midwestern/Canadian.

Now using Bloglines [link]. If you check a bunch of blogs this is nice.

The big news today: private space flight [link].

I passed the 100 post mark for Toponymy.

No comments: