Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

6.29.2004

Architecture | erutcetihcrA

I've been hunting for architecture blogs. This is harder than you might think. I've added two to the blogroll.

First, Eyes on the Street [link] A nice blend of text and photos/maps for a personal blog.

I also added rodcorp. [link] By Rod McLaren, it's a little more eclectic.

There are two other sites which I have not added to the blogroll for various reasons. First is an Architecture Photoblog [link] which is interesting but really not informative. And then there's MoCoLoco [link] which is much more oriented to design in a broad sense. Plus it has tons of pictures of cool things I can't afford.



A picture of the Millennium Bridge in London. It is one of the featured projects in the New City Architecture Exhibition [link]. Other favorites: 2 Puddle Dock [link], 30 St Mary Axe [link], and 51 Lime St [link].

This barely merits my menitioning but there is an article in the Chicago Tribune [link] about planning, density, new urbanism, and [...] sprawl. I wouldn't link it except it comes from Chicago, and I'm taking a personal and academic interest in all development news out of that city over the next several months.

In the Don't Miss This Category:
"The rush to privatize water is underway across the world. In the new documentary 'Thirst,' filmmakers Deborah Kaufman and Alan Snitow set out to explore the consequences." [link] - PBS Tuesday, July 13th at 10 PM.

Airships that were never built [link].

1 comment: