Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

10.19.2003

Refueling

I know Gatorade probably has the copywrite for Refuel and all its various forms: Refueled, Refuel, Refuels, etc. I am. The ennui and malaise of a week have worn off. I am back. I am awake. My eyes open. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. Sleep might have been the cure. I slept for an hour on Friday between 7:50 and 8:50 PM that was the clear-headed sleep of the dead. It's the sort of sleep you wake up from and ask, "where did that hour go?" like it never happened, like you fell faster than time and now you can see the breaking curve behind you. Oh, I love that kind of sleep.

The problem: I'm going to need all this energy for the week ahead. I swear all the professors wanted to clear out the week before the MSU-UM game so they won't have anything to do that weekend. And I can't blame them.

I just finished Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. It was amazing. I don't feel like I captured the entire novel in the first reading. I want to go back through it. At the end I couldn't help comparing it to Fight Club [the movie] and how I was absolutely dumbfounded. Survivor isn't as much of a mind-bender as Fight Club. It is quality writing and has the most extraordinary set of circumstances I have ever read in any book. I loved it. Next on my voluntary reading list: Faust.

VH1 had a program on called the 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders. It was hosted by William Shatner.

No comments: