Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

10.13.2003

A Rickety Rollercoaster through the Ramblings of a Weekend

Tonight I recall an image that was dramatic in its simplicity. I was going sit-ups [a rare event] and I had my feet anchored by the TV stand that I made in Mr. Fletter's Survey of Industrial Arts [Shop] class. There was just enough room between the edge of the futon and the back of my head to make the scenario physically plausible. Then I realize it. At the top of the sit-up I see a TV, VCR, DVD player, microwave. At the bottom I see the futon, the comforter, the sheets. I can sleep or have the media put my mind to sleep.

Before that I was at the library. Normally, the first floor is the 'noisy' floor where large groups and chatty people go to study or just drink coffee. The second and third floors are for studying. I went to the third floor to finish off Blu's Hanging. I didn't notice at first but the table at the end of my row of desks was very loud. Not necessarily talking, but laughing, and trying to hold back the laugh by catching one's breath. Loud, obnoxious, squeaky. I gave them a grace period. I seemed to be coping with it, or perhaps they were just quieter. Then it got much worse. I get out of my seat and tell the three girls and one guy, "Excuse me, I can't get anything done." And after a split second of shock and realization that, "oh, we're in a library" they shut their mouths. I considered my other word-choices after I sat down again. Should have I said, "Shut the fuck up," or "If you want to talk then go to the first floor," or "You are being extraordinarily noisy." I think I made the right decision the first time since I really didn't insult them directly.

I found this early Sunday morning: Escher's Relativity in Lego. Here is the full collection of Lego Illusions.

No comments: