Here, there, everywhere. We have to call it something, don't we? Who's got an idea? Let's call it Toponymy.

11.13.2003

"People are strange

when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down"
-The Doors, People are Strange

I've been listening to The Doors a lot lately. Morrison was a true wordsmith. I also have been listening to The Who more. Quadrophenia is an amazing album.

My stress level is starting to decline. Good news.

I've decided that I won't have time to finish that novel writing idea this month. I will restart it exam week and set my deadline for the last day of winter break. I think that will work.

I ordered 10 state [and one provincial] road maps today. They are free. It takes a little effort to find them but most states will give anybody a state highway map [and sometimes a lot more] for tourism purposes. Wisconsin, Alaska, Wyoming, Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, Illinois, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Louisiana, and Ontario were all ordered. They should arrive in the next three weeks.

I think I'm going deer hunting this weekend. I hope those plans come together.

Can you believe this wind?

"Oh tell me where your freedom lies
The streets are fields that never die
Deliver me from reasons why
You'd rather cry
I'd rather fly"
-The Doors, The Crystal Ship

No comments: